Updates for MSCA09!
- Bid Process for 2035 International Convention. In 2001 the General Service Conference recommended that the bid process for city site selection for International Conventions be moved forward from ten years to twelve years out from the event. Therefore, Site Selection for the 100th Anniversary International Convention in 2035 will take place during 2023 which allows for the widest range of cities available to select from for the dates of our events. Traditionally, the International Convention will be held from July 5-8, 2035. These dates have been selected in the past to take advantage of favorable “holiday weekend” hotel rates, and to allow attendees extra days to vacation in the selected city. However, to allow bidding cities the flexibility to provide their best offer that would maximize hotel and facility rates, equal consideration will be given to any weekend in the months of June or July 2035. If your area is interested in hosting the 2035 International Convention, please complete this questionnaire and return it to this office no later than November 30, 2022. The role of the host area is to provide a local volunteer committee of approximately 4,000 A.A. members.
- 2025 International Convention member engagement survey. As many of you may know, planning is already underway for the 2025 International Convention that will be held July 3-6, 2025, in Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Given the impact and uncertainty of the Covid-19 virus, it is vital that we obtain feedback from the Fellowship as it relates to domestic and international travel, attendance at large events, and thoughts regarding an in-person event with a partial, limited virtual component, and incorporate the feedback in our planning. GSO anticipate that the following survey will be one of several dispatched during the planning process so that we may remain current with the thoughts of the Fellowship. Kindly take a few minutes and answer the questions in the link below. Your responses are of great value in helping us to better plan for the International Convention. (All responses are anonymous.) Please respond by October 31, 2022 https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/UhCs6p
- Adjusted timeline for the 72nd GSC Final Report 2022 (English and Spanish) This year’s timeline is being impacted by a couple of major circumstances in the category of things GSO cannot control, including unforeseeable staffing changes that are affecting all projects and timelines in the Publishing Department as well as global supply chain issues. Due to these circumstances, the timelines for the availability of 2022 Conference Final Report, in English, Spanish and French, are adjusted as follows:
- Digital, anonymity-protected version: mid- to late September 2022
- Print version: December 2022/January 2023
- If A.A. members are interested in submitting a proposed agenda item to the GSO for consideration for the 2023 General Service Conference. General Service Conference (G.S.C.) Proposed Agenda Item Submission Form (deadline for submission – September 15, 2022)
- A.W.S. is looking for your stories for the 4th Spanish and 5th English Big Book editions and you can submit them online through aagrapevine.org and emails. Details are on flyers linked from the area website under GSO Announcements (04/08/2022).
- A reminder. The General Service Board is implementing the second year of equitable distribution of the Conference workload, all proposed Agenda Items must be submitted by September 15, 2022 and the form has been posted on the website under GSO-Conference Materials.
Activities within the Pacific Region
- On 8/13, I was able to participate in the 4-Area DCM Sharing Session in Claremont CA hosted by Area 05.The session had about 35 members in-person and at one point 33 members online. Current Pacific Regional Trustee Reilly K. gave a presentation in the morning, followed by a presentation by former Pacific Region Trustee Joel C. It was an opportunity to hear current and past Pacific Regional Trustee give their reports is helpful since they served on different committees and have the perspective on General Service.
News from New York:
- The Pacific Regional Forum will be held on September 16-18, 2022 in Salt Lake City UT hosted by Area 69. There is no registration fee for the event that will held at the Marriott Downtown @ City Creek 75 W Temple St., Salt Lake City, Utah.
Honored to be of Service!
Mitchell B., MSCA 09 Panel 72 delegate
Cell: (949) 278-8263