Updates for MSCA09!
- Thanks so much for the opportunity to provide my report-back to the Area on 5/15, when we had 122 participants combining in-person and online. We had raffles during the presentation and gave out some bags and I have been working to get the bags to winners who were online or not in the room at the time of the raffle. The slides from the May 15 presentation are posted to the Area website under “Delegate-Confidential Information” in English and Spanish. I have been giving report-backs to districts including I presented at District 20 on May 16, District 24 on May 17, and District 8&11 on May 18. I gave my Delegate Report to District 10 on June 1 and District 12 on June 2, District 6 on June 7, and District 5 June 9. * I am scheduled to share at the following districts: D1&3 – 7/14; D7 – 6/13; D9 – 6/19; D14 – 7/20; D15 – 7/5; D17 – 6/14; D19 – 7/17. For District 2 and 30 please contact me for a date and time to schedule a session either in-person or online. I’ve presented to all six Hispanic districts in person, including D20 on 5/16, #21on 5/25, #22 on 5/24, #23 on 5/29, #24 on 5/17, and #25 on 5/23.
- I attended the District 20 37th Anniversary on May 22 in Tustin to hear the history of the District and sharing from Jesus O. Past Delegate Panel 68 and Alex W. Alternate Delegate. Thanks to members at the Hispanic meetings in person to help with translation and to Alex who has been to many of my report-backs.
- Given the above schedule, beginning nine days after the Conference on 5/4 through yesterday in Apple Valley, I’ve given my report to 21 Districts and groups (tying last year’s presentation number), traveling 1,300 miles.
- For District 2 and 30 please contact me for a date and time to schedule a session either in-person or online.
- On May 31, I attended an online meeting of the Three Legacies Study Group to hear a presentation by A.A. members who prepared a Spanish translation of the first 164 pages of Alcoholics Anonymous and discussed their attempts to have A.A.W.S. adopt their version. I suggested they remain in contact with Amalia C., GSO about progress on the fourth edition of Alcoholicos Anonimos.
- On July 9, Workshop: Writing your story for the 5th Edition of the Big Book is an opportunity to start or to polish off your story for the new Big Book. The workshop will have facilitators Vera F., Trustees’ Literature Committee member and Marita R., Trustees’ Literature Committee member. Hosted by Tidewater Intergroup Archives Committee. The workshop is online and details are July 9th, 2022 at 2:00 pm EDT (11:00 am PST) Meeting ID: 828 5742 0443 Passcode: 822794. There is an attendance limit of 100 participants.
- A.W.S. is looking for your stories for the 4th Spanish and 5th English Big Book editions and you can submit them online through aagrapevine.org and emails. Details are on flyers linked from the area website under GSO Announcements (04/08/2022).
- A reminder. The General Service Board is implementing the second year of equitable distribution of the Conference workload, all proposed Agenda Items must be submitted by September 15, 2022 and the form has been posted on the website under GSO-Conference Materials.
- I shared two copies of the “Women Pioneers of Alcoholics Anonymous” in Spanish and English with Michelle Mirza at GSO Archives.
- The 72 GSC approved changes to several pamphlets that will begin printing updated version beginning in June. Pamphlets approved for print: Young People & AA * Is AA for You? * Is there an alcoholic in your life? * Frequently asked questions about AA * This is AA.
Activities within the Pacific Region
- On 5/15, I was able to join Karla Y. of Area 93 (Central California) for her delegate presentation, which was on the afternoon of our Area Assembly, Jennifer B. Area 07 (California Northern Interior) pm Saturday, May 14, Candice C. of Area 18 (Idaho) on May 7, Area 08 (San Diego/Imperial Valley) with Monte C. on 6/4 and Area 41 (Nebraska) later on June 4. The opportunity to hear delegates from other areas give their reports is helpful since we served on different committees and have the perspective of their local area group conscience about agenda items.
News from New York:
- On 5/30, I receive announcement for the North/South Connections Virtual Special Forum — A.A. in Remote Communities on Saturday, July 16, 2022 – 11am-7pm EDT (8am – 4 pm PST). Participants will come from North America, Canada, Chile and Argentina. Registration and program will be available June 13, 2022, at www.aa.org.
- The Pacific Regional Forum will be held on September 16-18, 2022 in Salt Lake City UT hosted by Area 69. There is no registrar fee for the event that will held at the Marriott Downtown @ City Creek 75 W Temple St., Salt Lake City, Utah.
Delegate’s Bulletin Board
- I have been posting Quick Reference summaries and GSO copies of the 72nd GSC Advisory Actions and Committee Recommendations, the Picnic Table short financial summaries, a written summary of financial results of the Fiscal 2020 and 2021 audit, and the full financial report. I will post the financial report in Spanish early next week.
- On June 21 I have an online meeting with Pacific Regional Delegates that will be the first meeting with new Pacific Regional Trustee Reilly K. from Area 58 Oregon.
- On June 29 I will be meeting with Panel 72 Agenda Committee Chair and Alt. Chair and the incoming Panel 72 Alt. Chair to discuss current work of the Agenda Committee and prepare for committee work next year. I was elected Agenda Committee Chair for the 73rd
- I have raffle prize from the May 15 Area Assembly for members who may be here this morning – Carlos M. and Jaime A..
Honored to be of Service!
Mitchell B., MSCA 09 Panel 72 delegate
Cell: (949) 278-8263