Note: This share combines April, when we had our Pre-Conference Workshop and May, when I presented my report-back. Since there was no time to provide this information at either event, I’ve combined them here to be posted on the website.
MSCA 09 Rocks!
- Since our March 14 Area Service Committee meeting, I attended the following District meetings: #08 on 3/17; #19 and #09 on 3/21. Then, begin missing meetings in preparation for Conference.
- Attended Board meeting on 3/21 where Kris C was unanimously elected by the Board to serve as interim Area 09 Secretary.
- On 4/4, I join Jerry and Sharon S of Cooperation with the Elder Community, Francine W of Guidelines and Policy, and Rich W in a Zoom session to talk about the CEC draft guidelines, and specifically, to clarify the functions of “Chairs” and “Co-Chairs.” On 4/5, I sit in on the Electronic Media Subcommittee meeting.
- On 3/25, Rozanne T from District 18 lets me know that notes from the 3/20 Boot Camp were being posted on the website under the Delegate’s tab, under Confidential Information.
- I attended District 04’s workshop on 3/27, “Spotlight on Service: Standing Committees.”
- After an amazing second Conference, I provide following report-backs on the indicated dates: District #06 on 5/4, #04 on 5/5, #12 on 5/6, #07 on 5/10, #1/3 on 5/13, and to the Area on 5/16.
Activities within the Pacific Region
- I counted 142 participants at the Boot Camp, so congratulations to all organizing Districts and thanks to Jeryl T for hosting and Ryan H for chairing the event, which summarized 18 Agenda Items.
- On 5/6 the Pacific Region delegates drew Karla Y (Area 93) to serve as the chair of the PDAB = PRAASA Delegate Advisory Board, which provides feedback, as needed, to Areas hosting PRAASA (Pacific Region A.A. Service Assembly).
All Things Conference-Related
- On 3/24, 3/27, 3/29, 4/3, and 4/7, I spend an hour each day with the Conference Literature Committee in three general sharing sessions addressing 20 of the 28 Literature Agenda Items, including Disposition on 3/29 for 10 items, where we decide on Recommendations, Additional Committee Considerations, and Take No Action.
- On 3/27, the nine members of the Conference Literature Committee met with the Trustee’s Literature Committee including five trustees, two A.A. World Service directors, and the committee Secretary.
- On 4/2, I receive email that I am one of three delegates who will present a 7-minute talk on Remote Communities on 4/17, the day before the Conference, with a 600-word essay entitled: “Do Conference Members Comprise a Remote Community?” located at the following link:
- On 4/6, about 55 members of the Conference attend a Mock Conference to cover voting, floor actions, and various other aspects of the Conference that is only 12 days away!
- From April 16 to 26, I was in Oceanside for the 71st Conference, which was April 18-24.
News from New York:
- On 3/22, I receive the link from Kathi F (https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/videos-and-audios#) for the 13-minute video introducing the General Service Office to the Fellowship. On 4/2 we receive the long-awaited Regional Forum video: https://regionalforums.cmail19.com/t/y-l-obkklk-ijuhldltul-j/.
- On 5/15/2021, I attended the first North/South Connections Forum with participation from North America and South America, with 300 participants at 8:30, 30 minutes after it started.
Honored to be of Service!
Ed L., MSCA 09 Panel 70 delegate
Cell: (760) 964-0012