Personal Mission Statement: “I’m committed to being totally available and responsible to Mid-Southern California Area 09 members, to help provide a healthy infrastructure to communicate among individuals, Groups, Districts, Area, and the General Service Office, while using as few acronyms as possible!”
MSCA 09 Rocks!
- Since our March 14 Area Service Committee meeting, I attended the following District meetings: #08 on 3/17; #19 and #09 on 3/21. Then, begin missing meetings in preparation for Conference.
- Attended Board meeting on 3/21 where Kris C was unanimously elected by the Board to serve as interim Area 09 Secretary.
- On 4/4, I join Jerry and Sharon S of Cooperation with the Elder Community, Francine W of Guidelines and Policy, and Rich W in a Zoom session to talk about the CEC draft guidelines, and specifically to clarify the functions of “Chairs” and “Co-Chairs.” On 4/5, I sit in on the Electronic Media Subcommittee meeting.
- On 3/25, Rozanne T from District 18 lets me know that notes from the 3/20 Boot Camp were being posted on the website under the Delegate’s tab, under Confidential Information.
- I attended District 04’s workshop on 3/27, “Spotlight on Service: Standing Committees.”
Activities within the Pacific Region
- I counted 142 participants at the Boot Camp, so congratulations to all organizing Districts and thanks to Jeryl T for hosting and Ryan H for chairing the event, which summarized 18 Agenda Items.
All Things Conference-Related
- On 3/24, 3/27, 3/29, 4/3, and 4/7 I spend an hour each day with the Conference Literature Committee in three general sharing sessions addressing 20 of the 28 Literature Agenda Items, including Disposition on 3/29 for 10 items, where we decide on Recommendations, Additional Committee Considerations, and Take No Action.
- On 3/27, the nine members of the Conference Literature Committee met with the Trustee’s Literature Committee including five trustees, two A.A. World Service directors, and the committee Secretary.
- On 4/2, I receive email that I am one of three delegates who will present a 7-minute talk on Remote Communities on 4/17, the day before the Conference, with a 600-word essay entitled: “Do Conference Members Comprise a Remote Community?” located at the following link:
- On 4/6, about 55 members of the Conference attend a Mock Conference to cover voting, floor actions, and various other aspects of the Conference that is only 12 days away!
News from New York:
- On 3/22, I receive the link from Kathi F (https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/videos-and-audios#) for the 13-minute video introducing the General Service Office to the Fellowship. On 4/2 we receive the long-awaited Regional Forum video: https://regionalforums.cmail19.com/t/y-l-obkklk-ijuhldltul-j/.
In Love and Service,