The verbal presentation will be brief so I can report on gathering Area 09’s group conscience on Agenda Item feedback, and my full report will be posted on the Delegate’s Bulletin Board.
MSCA 09 Rocks!
- I attended the following nine District meetings on indicated dates: #08 and #14 on 2/17; #04 and #10 on 3/3; #07 on 3/8; #17 on 3/9; and #01/03 and #05 on 3/11.
- I met with the Electronic Media Subcommittee (EMSC) on 2/15; District 05 Concepts V, VI, VII, and VIII workshop on 2/20; and District Committee Member (DCM) School on 2/26.
- I continue to work in person with Hispanic Districts, visiting #20 on 2/22, and with the six Hispanic Districts for a presentation on how to gather data on 2/28, where I hand-deliver the Agenda Item summary tables and record the presentation for posting and independent viewing.
- Receive call from Hiro of his resignation as alternate delegate on 3/8. So, I instigate Zoom call on 3/9 where there is a unanimous decision by six Board members to elect Jose A as the new alternate delegate, to be considered for confirmation at this Area Service Committee.
Activities within the Pacific Region
- On 2/16, Zoom with 13 of 15 Pacific Region delegates for general sharing, and on 2/28 for a discussion of Pacific Region AA Service Assembly (PRAASA) delegate’s round table, where we decide to keep it in the region. I also attend Area 05 Delegate’s Sharing Session on 3/13.
- PRAASA, whoop, whoop, right! I completed registrations for five GSRs. With 2,115 people registered and 1,100+ attending at one time, I was glued (with sandpaper eyes) to the screen for three days. Congratulations on Romy S for representing Area 09 as our one panel presenter this year!
- I believe that recordings of PRAASA will be available (if not already) from Smile God Loves You at www.sgly.com.
All Things Conference-Related
- Important, Conference-related dates: 3/20 Pre-Conference Bootcamp; 4/5 Deadline for Agenda Item feedback; 4/11 Pre-Conference Workshop; 4/18-24 71st General Service Conference; May 4th report-back to District 06.
- When I checked my computer at 0700 on 2/16, there was no Background Information, which was there at 08:00 and sent to Faith for posting and Ryan for eblasting by 08:45, so all 1,371 pages are now on the website under “Delegate” and “Confidential Information.”
- I “left Dodge” on 2/16 and sequestered myself in an Oceanside condo at the beach for eight days, until 2/24, where I proceeded to review Background Information for all 13 Conference Committees over the period of 44 hours. On 2/25, I tabulated all the summary information in about 10 hours.
- On 2/20 receive memo about translating Background Information, where it is revealed that 2021 is a record number of pages at 1,370, followed by 1,276 pages in 2017, 1,072 pages in 2020, 651 pages in 2019, and 651 pages in 2018.
- Scheduled report-backs: Area 09 on May 16th; #1/3 on May 11th; #04 on May 5th; #05 on June 10; #06 on May 4th; #07 on May 10th; #08 on May 19; #09 on June 20th; #12 on May 6th; #18 on July 13; #19 on June 12; #20 on May 17; and #24 on May 18. Please let me know if I did not call your District or got the date wrong, so we can be sure I visit.
- On 2/28, I release the Agenda Item Summary Tables for distribution, and produce “Gathering Area 09 Group Conscience” Power Points in English and Spanish for posting. On 3/6, thanks to data input by the Electronic Media Subcommittee, the Google Forms are posted. Summary Tables and, particularly, Google Forms are the main way you get your feedback to me so I’m informed by the Area’s group conscience when I attend the General Service Conference in April 2021. The deadline for comment submittal is April 5th.
- On 3/1, I spend an hour with the Conference Literature Committee discussing our upcoming schedule and processes for addressing 37 of the 110 Agenda Items pertaining to Literature. I will be meeting with them on 3/24, 3/27, and 3/29 so my literature work is heating up!
- On 3/5, I receive Background Information in Spanish for 10 of the 13 Committees, which I forward to Faith for posting and Mitchell for eblasting on 3/7, during the PRAASA business meeting.
- On 3/10 and 3/12, I receive Background information in Spanish for the final three committees: Literature, Public Information, and Policy & Admissions, which I immediately provide to Hispanic DCMCs and Faith for posting.
News from New York:
- On 2/17, I receive a final “Call for Stories – Audio ‘A.A. for the Older Alcoholic,’” which I immediately forward to Faith B for posting and Ryan W for eblasting, as the deadline is tomorrow, March 15. I helped our own Joseph H, past Archivist, submit a story.
- On 3/5, I receive a link from General Service Office enabling me to access the Fellowship Connection, so our Registrar, Emma P, and me have this access if you need assistance.
- On 3/12, I receive the 117-page combined 2021 First Quarter General Service Board (GSB) Minutes & Committee Reports for the GSB weekend of January 30, 31 and February 1, 2021, which I send to Faith to be posted under Confidential Resources under the Delegate’s tab.
More Will Be Revealed!
- On weekend of 2/26, I bounce back and forth between NERASSA, the northeastern version of PRAASA, and WRAASA, western Canada’s PRAASA, and have a great time!
Delegate’s Bulletin Board
- This report will be posted on the Delegate’s Bulletin Board immediately.
Honored to be of Service!
Ed L., MSCA 09 Panel 70 delegate
Cell: (760) 964-0012